Originally Posted By: CoolBreeze
Well, you know it's like a cult thing. You will have people defend Delphi to the death, but I didn't know they were still around.

It is a very impressive program by any means, but you think they would have moved on to something with more meat on the bone.

CoolBreese, interesting points. Are you a computer programmer?

Joel Spolsky is a New York software developer with some excellent ideas.

He wrote this article - a long time ago now. It's great advice and this advice is still current. The article discusses rewriting code from scratch.

If it was decided to port to a different development platform, don't expect the next release for a long time. A very long time. And what would be delivered after that extraordinary wait? Exactly what we have now, except with a whole new set of bugs thrown in that need to be painfully sorted out.

Joel also makes other excellent points:

"When you throw away code and start from scratch, you are throwing away all that knowledge. All those collected bug fixes. Years of programming work.

You are throwing away your market leadership. You are giving a gift of two or three years to your competitors."

PG Music have provided no fewer than 4 public release updates for 2018 in less than 2 weeks. To me that says they are proactive in resolving issues.

I wonder could you share your ideas about exactly what functionality BiaB could deliver if written in another language that the current one can't?

Thanks,

Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones