Originally Posted By: jford
The 2016 Ultra Plus Pak and the 2017 Plus Pak upgrade is effectively the same as the 2017 Ultra Plus Pak. It gives you the new program files and all the new content (RealTracks/RealDrums/SuperMIDI/etc).

I would think that you should be able to upgrade to the PlusPak again just as long as you install over your existing installation. So 2016 Ultra + 2017 Plus + 2018 Plus is effectively the same as 2018 Ultra.

Ask PGMusic, but my guess is they will tell you what I just said.

At least that's how it was previously explained to me.

And in that case, again, if you ever have to re-install, you need to start back with the full UltraPlusPak and then re-install each year's subsequent PlusPaks to get everything back up to date (and of course any other add-on material you purchased, such as the Bonus 8-pak or the 49-pak).

Again, PGMusic has the final answer, but I don't believe I'm wrong.

Well, I went to the "horse's mouth," and called them. I'm embarrassed to say that you are 100% correct. They said exactly what YOU said. And even though I'm annoyed that I got it wrong, I'm glad that you responded or I might have just ordered the HD. You saved me $50, for which I'm grateful. I ordered the PlusPak, and am going to download it this afternoon after I finish licking my wounds.
JFord, thanks so much.
Bob in South Florida