Hi cubalibre,

I never use a compressor when recording live. Like Herb may I use one after the vocals have been recording.

I would suggest not recording in BiaB and record your vocals in a DAW. If you are using the Windows version of BiaB you already have a DAW in RealBand. Use it if you don't already have a favorite DAW. Using a DAW gives you a lot more options then recording in BiaB. Note if you are using the Mac version of BiaB then other Mac users should suggest a DAW for you to use.

Record your vocals making sure that the singers does not put the meters into the red. That is the louder they sing either have them stand away from the mic and/or lower your recording volume. Once you have recorded the track you can use a manually raise and lower vocal sections (automation) and/or use a compressor and/or use a limiter. Some compressors also can function as a limiter.

This may sound confusing to the beginner but it isn't that hard and with practice you can accomplish your goals.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware