Yep, I'm going to have to settle down and decide on something, as it doesn't make sense to learn so many or have projects scattered around in a bunch of different DAW's.

• PGMusic BIAB/RealBand 2018 (but started back with version 8 around 20 years ago)
  • PGMusic PowerTracks Pro Audio 2017 (but started with version 5 around 20 years ago - this was my very first DAW and it got me hooked right away as to recording multitrack audio and MIDI)
  • Mixcraft Pro 8 (I think I started back with version 5)
  • MultiTrack Studio Pro Plus 8 (I've been through several versions of this as well)
  • n-Track Studio 8 (started with v5 or 6)
  • Reaper (no brainer for the price)
  • Ableton Live Live 8.4.2 (very old version, but came free with an audio interface)
  • Wavosaur (free)
  • Anvil Studio Works! (bought like 15+ years ago, but never use)
  • Tracktion 7 (tempted to go to Waveform, but haven't pulled that trigger yet)
  • Cubase Artist 7 (they're up to version 9.5, but haven't upgraded as I don't use it)
  • Cakewalk Music Creator 7 (started several years ago with version 5)
  • Cakewalk Sonar Platinum (lifetime license that just died - didn't realize it meant its lifetime)
  • MAGIX Samplitude Pro Studio 2013 (not the actual full professional Samplitude, but a scaled back version that actually looks and works a lot like MixCraft - nothing like naming confusion, eh? This is where I was first introduced to the 12GB Independence Library download, so I had some previous experience there)
  • MAGIX Music Maker (came with the Samplitude bundle)
  • Presonus Studio One Prime (Free, because well free)
  • Presonus Studio One v3 (not free, just got authorization for crossgrade and will get after work tonight)
  • Darkwave Studio 5.5 (Free)
  • LMMS (Free)

And for general audio wave form editing, I have:

• Wavosaur Audio Editor (Free)
  • Diamond Cut Audio Restoration (versions 8 and 10 - I beta test for them, so I get it for free; I've been a customer for close to 20 years and like here at PGMusic, often interact directly with the two owners of the company)
  • Diamond Cut Audio Forensics (versions 8 and 10 - again, I beta test for them and end up getting the $1,300 piece of software for free - it's the Audio Restoration version on steroids and is generally purchased by law enforcement agencies to forensically process audio in support of criminal cases - for example, it can remove extraneous noise to where you can pull out a whisper)
  • Super MP3 Recorder (no longer available, but I've had this for many, many years, as it was one of the early programs that let you capture in real time anything your computer could play, even if the computer tried to block it; if you could hear it on the computer, you could record it)
  • Audacity (because, well free)
  • Soundforge (came with the Samplitude Bundle)

And of course for notation:

• Noteworthy Composer
  • Sibelius 7 (started with 6 as a Crossgrade price from Finale, but stopped upgrading when they went subscription and Avid fired the Sibelius team)
  • Finale Songwriter 2012 (their low-end notation program)
  • Finale Print Music 2014 (their mid-range notation program - I use it on my third computer, since Finale only allows two authorizations, so this gives me some cross-computer compatibility)
  • Finale 25 (the 64-bit version, started as an educational license many years ago and have upgraded each new version)
  • MuseScore (open source notation, at my favorite price - free, and it reads BIAB files)
  • Notation Composer (not free, but have used for many years as it does a decent job of importing MIDI files to create notation)
  • Forte Home v9 (started with Forte BASIC v8, but got an attractive upgrade offer to the Home version; I'll have to work with it more before deciding whether I want to go to the Pro version)
  • Harmony Assistant from Myriad Software (I purchased this years ago, mainly because it was one of the early software offerings that provided a SynSinger like capability; never really used it and the capability didn't work that well, but was very intriguing at the time)

Maybe I need help?!? smile

For the most part, I use RealBand (occasionally PowerTracks, but they are so similar), Cakewalk Sonar, and MultiTrack Studio as a DAW. I generally use Diamond Cut Audio Restoration v8 for waveform editing. And for Notation, I mainly use Noteworthy Composer, Notion, or Finale.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com