Why not just COPY the larger count style folder to the SMALLER count style folder? no harm no foul.

Actually I NEVER install BIAB I just COPY the ENTIRE desktop \BB folder (and \Realband and \PT) onto other PC/laptop. Minus the need to re-activate and thus decrementing that count, they are IDENTICAL in every way, never an issue - ever.

==================
I’ve been accumulating in the same (virtual) desktop \BB directory since DOS. Once we started getting BIAB on HDD’s and not just new versions via downloads, CD’s, and floppies (oh my!) here’s what I do:

First I install the DOWNLOADS onto actual working \BB directory on desktop (I don’t wait for HD to arrive). Then I back up entire BB folder (so I have all styles and RT’s backup) and Realband and a few others misc folders.

When new HD arrives I COPY, I do not move, I do not install the entire CONTENTS of the new USB drive’s \BB folder over to my working computer.

If there was an extra (good, bad, or left over/unaccounted for) style, RT, demo, etc. that’s on the this new factory HD that WAS NOT part of any download, as unlikely as that is, it is NOW on my working desktop.

I run BIAB make sure it all works - everything is accounted for then I make another backup (so yes now TWO backups of all RT’s, RDs and styles, aka the BIGGIES).

NOW I COPY the this final DESKTOP \bb folder to LAST YEARS external USB drives \BB folder.

and then COPY THOSE working FOLDERS onto my LAPTOP (now everything is 100% identical).

Yes if I used AUDIOPHILE RT's that would UN-DOABLE on a laptop and impractical on a desktop (but ONLY for the RT's themselves not the rest)

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/20/17 07:53 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20