Joden - think about what you just implied:

ALL users, novices to hackers, should keep track of ALL changes made by any SW they have including all automatic or manual driver updates for every piece of HW, SW and FIRMWARE on, or connected to, the computer (audio, video, MoBo, HID’s, drives, ports, controllers, interfaces, devices, networks, Bluetooth & wireless,….)
As well as what the browsers may change, what AV and malware programs might have quarantined, .. and do that starting from day 1 of the first Win 10 install?
Frankly, that’s absurd.

Who, in their right mind, WOULD have though they needed to UNINSTALL their current working VIDEO driver to allow MS Features updates to work? Who WRITES such updates?

If the major Creators Updates (Fall and Spring) are going to require this effort for even a few percent of users – MS should send out a "Read Me FIRST" before, or as part one of, the downloaded update starts. It should LIST everything the user should do or check BEFORE continuing the download or allowing the update to start. What drivers should be rolled back or uninstalled, which should just be disable, what SW should be turned off, disabled, or uninstalled.

Better yet maybe it should first download itself, then force a boot into Safe Mode with Networking, then disable all offending drivers and reboot, then run a FSUITL dirty query; then CHKDSK /F /R if needed; then "SFC /scannow;" then if needed run DSIM offline health checks to get a good base to start the update from, maybe MS should also develop a utility to scan current drivers for those that still need disabled - because there is no way ANY typical USER should have to do any of that or even be aware of it.

I’m a Windows Insider member, and get and try most of these versions (admittedly in a VM only world - so not the actual HW/SW environment the OS version would see if actually installed). I evaluate most of the useful functional utility changes and suffer through the other changes they make, most of which seem to be changes just to change interface or pretty picture foo foo stuff. Then I send my comments to the MS Team were they evidently get rapidly sent to the virtual circular file.

larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20