Quote:
I have two scenarios where i want to record:
1) making a polished recording
2) quick feedback for practice session

For (1) I definitely want to use Studio One.

For (2) I could imagine there are other solutions. Is there a quick and dirty way to record the mix of biab and my playing thru pianoteq, using biab?

The answer is yes, but for "quick and dirty", "practice sessions" why do you want to record? Just between you and me, if you want to record go to Studio One. BIAB's ability to record is limited, while that is exactly what Studio One was made to do.
My suggestion is to get your workflow such that once you carve out a tune in BIAB you can drag and drop it into Sonar for recording your accompaniment. That should be your priority.

I don't have Studio One so I can't tell you exactly how to transfer content from BIAB into it. But I am confident when you discover how (you are just not pushing the right buttons - I use PianoTeq in both Reaper and BIAB going back and forth with a simple drag and drop), you will prefer that workflow for your recordings.

Good Luck, it takes some time to figure it all out.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper