Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I hate to point fingers, but this all started with BIAB 2018. Just a coincidence? crazy

My only concern on that one is that if BIAB was causing issues there would be a lot of folks complaining about the same thing.

Most all issues regarding BIAB or any other music software ties back to the sound card. In your case, MOTU.

I don't know of many users around here that have one of those.

- Do you have any online MOTU resources you could search through that describe similar issues and are there any resolutions you can find aside from reinstalling the drivers?

- Does power cycling the MOTU resolve issues with BIAB?

- As far as something locking the audio drivers..... When that happens to me, it's usually something like a web browser page with a video or something. Maybe you have some background audio or video process running on the Task Manager Details tab that's causing the issue. Since you've checked the Startup tab, try the Services tab and sort by running. Maybe one of those is the issue. You can open Services with the Open Services button at the bottom of that page. Then you could stop or disable any potential problem services.

Hope you can make progress. This one seems tricky.

P.S. - Maybe a screenshot of your audio driver preferences from BIAB?

P.S. II - Since you say YouTube sound is gone too, see if there's any Microsoft Edge/Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome processes running. Maybe there's a virus or a badly installed MS patch from the recent updates.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory