Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
BTW, what does everyone think about the Xtra Styles Paks being sold at extra cost? I wonder if PG has too much of an incentive to "hold back" with their best/freshest content so they can make some extra bucks.

I think these should be included as a free bonus for loyal customers who upgrade every year. I remain unconvinced they are worth what they charge for them.

Quote:
I'd much rather have many of the styles I heard Demo'd in the YT vids than the Klezmer and Mariachi.

I am puzzled as to why so many of the new RealTracks are Klezmer. I cannot see this being a much sought after style!

Quote:
the whole "50 new features each year thing" creates a tremendous disincentive for BiaB go 'hoard' fixes and updates that should really be released continuously throughout the year.

To throw out a few examples culled from the 2018 features--organizing the cluttered folders? Saving MP3 in a quality better than 64kbps? Skins? A floating mixer? Support for 12/8, 9/8, and 6/8 notation? These are issues that should be patched as a matter of course, not features!

I agree 100%!

Quote:
Can we drag Realband out of the 1980s please? Get an outside team and a technical writer or two if you must, say it costs you the amount of $ you would spend on developing, what 10, 25, 100 realtracks? Once done it's done, and can be updated relatively efficiently.

Would anyone here not sacrifice dozens or RealTracks for a decent GUI and coherent manual--a manual that isn't just the same one from the last decade with the upgraded feature text copy-pasted into relevant sections...

I have completely given up on the manuals and mostly given up on Realband. I only use it to generate a few bars if I cannot get something to sound decent in BIAB. It has the potential to be so much better.