RealDrums-JazzShuffle^1-HiHat,Ride.WAV
RealBass 2126 Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Half Sw 110
RealPiano 772 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Sw 110
RealGuitar 938 Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzFreddie Sw 1
RealStrings 2593 Horn Section, Background CroonerBigBand
RT2198 Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzySwinginPop Sw 120
RT2593 Horn Section, Background CroonerBigBand9-Part Sw 110

Rog replaced the drums.
The guitar was mixed WAY back. I mean WAY back, like "Was there a guitar?" back.
The 2198 Electric piano was taken out completely. I wanted the one piano to carry the rhythm.

The horn parts... oy. I did SO MUCH "shading" where I did swells and fades, moved a couple of parts around, and played some live sax in a few places to thicken the real tracks. In places I took out one or the other horn track because both of them together was cluttered and for this song I was after simplicity. I played the piano solo.

Those shouted backing vocal replies were supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek dig at how the big band era horn players used to shout out parts and whatever was picked up as ambient sound by the mics was it. Initially I thought about asking Rog to do some "Andrews Sisters" backing vocals because he does falsetto so well, but again, the goal was simplicity. I could not find a real drum preset that didn't have backbeat hat and/or snare and I wanted it to be, again, very simple, so Rog played those drums in with his AMAZING collection of drum samples. This snare is at just the crispy level I wanted for this piece.

With Rog's feel for drums I usually use Real Drums just as a place holder so I can work the song up to the point it heads east and he takes it from there.

Last edited by eddie1261; 01/01/18 08:02 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.