Thanks for all the responses, guys. It's good news that, when I update to BiaB 2018 I can use WAS if I choose.

Right now the only external MIDI device I'm using is my Casio digital piano. But I have others that I just haven't found which boxes they're in yet. I have a Roland JV1010 synth and a Roland GR-33 guitar synthesizer, plus I also have an Alesis audio interface and a Scarlett 2i4 interface. I got the Alesis, and then the Scarlett because I think it's a better unit, mostly for my iPad and my laptop. As for my DAW, I probably won't be using either of the latter two interfaces with it. But the two Rolands and the Casio, you bet. So if WAS will be problematic with them, I guess I won't have much use for it.

Recently I've been running my DAW using the MME driver. I'm not sure why, but I'm getting lots of Rice Crispies (you know -- snap, crackle, pop) when I use ASIO. I find this frustrating and once I get my setup set up so I can run my guitar into the mix, I'm gonna have to get to the bottom of this problem, because I'm gonna need the ultra low latency I get with ASIO and my Delta 66 card. I think that, with MME active, my latency is running right at 100ms at the moment. That kind of latency is not just a pain when trying to play along, it's also a pain when doing stuff like editing a track. When I move or change a note, I have to wait around for what seems like an age for the sound to make it out of the mix. It's worth noting that I'm getting Rice Crispies only with BiaB. Not a problem with Sonar or Studio One. Frustrating.

So hopefully WAS will be a viable solution -- when I finally upgrade to BiaB 2018.