Antivirus is Windows Defender. I had already excluded the bb and RealBand folders from scans per another forum post recommendation.

No steinberg directories appear to exist. I did find a VST folder in the C: root directory for u-he's Protoverb and Zebra2. (I don't know how they ended up there.) However, I don't think those programs are still installed because of the OS reinstall, they do not appear in "add/remove programs", and there are no .DLL files in the folder. It must just be old data.

I'm not clear on how to upload a file to the forum so I've included the contents of the PluginsToScanLog below:

Quote:
Plugin Scan Log

Calling Windows FFilterMapper2.EnumMatchingFilters...
... Windows FFilterMapper2.EnumMatchingFilters succeeded

Counting candidate plugins in the Enum...
Plugin Enum Max was set by C:\bb\MaxPluginsToScan.txt
... 0 candidate plugins were counted.

If the number of plugins did not change since the last successful scan, this is an error-free end of the log.

Scanning candidate plugins...

The plugin scan apparently succeeded without fatal errors.

So that would suggest you are correct. That there is an errant plugin somewhere. But where...?

BBWERROR.LOG does not appear to exist in the bb folder.

COYOTE WT is installed under the PROGRAM FILES (X86)folder, but does not show up in BIAB, probably because it was never scanned. I attempted to rescan from VST/DX SYNTHS/PLUGINS > OPTIONS > SCAN FOR NEW DX PLUGINS but that had no effect.

Per your suggestion I did change the audio drive to MME.

Thank you again for your help.

Last edited by jireland; 01/03/18 02:39 PM. Reason: Additional items added