Originally Posted By: JasonD
Hi all, first post, been using biab for many years, however, now getting 'deeper' into it.

I want to change a drum part to play half-time in one section of the song. I've chosen the bar to start this --> right click --> bar settings --> left-click on RealDrums under 'Style Changes at This Bar' --> chosen 'Half-Time' beside the Timebase option, then OK and OK.

The drums do play at half-time, however it applys to the entire song - I just want it to apply to that section.

I'm using the latest BiaB 2018, ultra-pak. Thanks for any help in advance!

Jason,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure that what you want to accomplish is easily possible yet. It can be done, though.

One way that it could be accomplished is to create a Performance Track of half-time drums on any unused track (as example, I'll use the Melody track). I'd then use Bar Settings (F5) and mute/normal between the Drum Track and the Melody track to bring the different drums in and out of the mix.

EXAMPLE
1. Load half-time drums on the Melody Track.

2. Generate the drums on the Melody Track.

3. Save the half-time drums on the Melody Track as a Performance file (right-click on Melody Track in mixer | Track Actions | Save as Performance File).

4. Load normal time drums on the Drum Track.

5. Use Bar Settings (F5) to have normal time drums playing and the Melody Track muted in the section where normal drums are needed.

6. In section where half-time drums are required, use Bar Settings to mute the normal drums and unmute the Melody track.

7. Generate the whole song so that the mute/normal settings are activated.

This should do the job for you.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024