Just upgraded my Superior Drummer 2 to version 3 and am enjoying the new MIDI conversion tool. As far as I was able to tell, EZ Drummer 2 had not yet been upgraded to a version 3.

Superior Drummer 3 - New Tracker MIDI Conversion Tool

So with this new Tracker tab, they have added a new tool that can convert individual drum component multitrack files or a drum kit from a stereo WAV file. Once these are imported into SD3, you can convert them to MIDI and have a lot of different tweaks you can make in order to assure you get the most accurate MIDI data.

First thing I thought on my initial test was to take a RealDrums .WAV file from BIAB/RealBand and import that. I was able to get the Bass Drum and Snare converted over very easily and accurately with no issue. I did run into problems with getting the HiHats converted over. Seems SD3 had a difficult time in figuring out the difference between open and closed hats. You probably have to manually go through the file to mark the open and closed hats to get a good translation, aka "I'm not gonna do that!". smile

So for now, if you want to beef up the bass/snare, it will work excellent! Since this is a new tool for ToonTrack, I imagine it will get better over time.

P.S. - For those that have Celemony's Melodyne tool, they have been able to convert individual drum .WAV files over to MIDI. I used that method last year to import a bad sounding live recorded snare to a MIDI file. I was then able to mix in the MIDI file in SD2 with the existing bad snare (reduced in volume) to get a great overall snare sound.

Last edited by sslechta; 01/04/18 06:14 AM.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory