Originally Posted By: rharv
Quote:
Just when I would get two bars to sound good, when BIAB played them a second time, it played them completely different.

RB for the win
smile

Exactly. This effort is best done in a DAW. BIAB was designed to "change things up". Thats what it does and it does it well. All this other stuff, which requires detailed editing, needs to be moved to your DAW.

Mike's demo is an excellent example of typing in the chords and having a good style available. Then Freeze it when it sounds right. That is exactly what BIAB was designed to do. But that won't get you SOYL's opening guitar lick.

Charlie on the other hand showed what is possible, but IMO not optimal. While BIAB added "performance" tracks several years ago, I don't see the value for doing in BIAB what a DAW was designed to do (but that's just me crazy). If I am going to play and record SOYL's opening guitar lick for my backing - I would prefer to do it in my DAW.

You have to ask yourself - are you having fun? That decides how much BIAB is in your Music. For me my goal is more of me in my music. If I could, I would elinimate all of BIAB and play all the instruments myself or with my mates - but that ain't goin happen. So until the second coming me and BIAB will continue to get along just fine. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper