I know 4 people with them. 3 have the original Line 6. 1 has a later one with JTV in the model name, standing for James Tyler Variax. The first 3 love WHAT they do (guitar modeling) far more than how it does it. They have a lot of issues with the motherboard. Strings suddenly stop responding. Moisture (humidity) affects them badly. They may have addressed that since, but one of those guys has had that motherboard replaced 3 times. That 4th guy with the JTV has never had a problem, so perhaps that is the key. Buy a later one with the JTV in the model number.

That same guy changed guitar from song to song, kind of defeating why you buy a modeling guitar, but whatever. The early ones I tried did not have good hand feel to them. The James Tyler felt like a Strat. Either way expect to pay $1200 at least. But, for that $1200 you get very realistic modeling, and you can program it to switch to dropped D, open G, open E, or anything guitar sound you like (acoustic, 12 string, Les Paul, Strat, Telecaster...) by turning a knob. If that motherboard issue is fixed for good, they are a nice investment.

Last edited by eddie1261; 01/09/18 12:52 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.