Originally Posted By: sslechta
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve - nice of you to drop by for a listen... you should post some of your stuff to give us a taste of what your genre might be... the more the merrier...

Floyd, working on that. I've always been involved in assisting others recordings/mixes mostly since I've never really written for myself. Trying to change that this year and hope to have something out in the next months. I've just had a hard time with writing..... hence: Writing Melodies - For the Creativity Challenged in the Songwriting Forum.

Looking forward to it, Steve...

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Great stereo separation! Those drums really kick! (lol) I would like to know more about them.

This is a great write! I just love the lyrics, especially the chorus - super write.

Someone once said, "it's not the story told, but the telling of the story". And you have given new life to well covered lyrical territory.

And Janice and Bud have added wonderfully to the joy of the groove!

Thanks, Lawrence - like a handful of others, if I can get a "great write" from you, I feel I have accomplished something... the drums are loops from Drums On Demand with the added effects that I drop on any stereo drum track in Studio One - a preset called "S1 Drumgroup" that includes an EQ and a multiband compressor - which adds a bit more "pop" to the track.