Hi John,

FWIW, after I visited you several years ago, I adapted my song list to your approach (more or less). The difference is that I mixed all audio down to a master track in order to keep processing to a minimum.

That left plenty of overhead for RB to display my chord/lyric sheet and send any MIDI to external devices for patch changes, real time volume and effects controls, harmonies etc.

And, like you, I ended up switching to Power Tracks for playback. It was always rock solid for me, didn't require me to convert everything to another format, and if I needed to tweak a sequence, I could edit my performance file directly in RB then move the result back to my gig folder where PT would open the same SEQ file format. I think that reason alone is enough to justify using PT for my playback software.

At the end of the day, lots of software does almost the same thing. At my age I don't want to reinvent the wheel. If PT is stable for playback and RB is good at putting the sequences I need together, and the same learning curve makes me familiar with both programs at the same time.. I like that.

Glad to have you back on the forum, my friend.