That's good to know Pat.

However, I'm not as enthusiastic about FB as a lot of others are.

Why? Facebook is exclusive. There are plenty of people who will not do facebook - period. Either they know it's voluntary spyware, or just don't want to follow the herd.

The www is inclusive, anyone with a computer and Internet connection can see it. And a bookmark makes it instant, no logging in, no wading through a dozen or more items demanding your attention, etc.

The yoga girls used to have a website. The woman who started the group was well-to-do, and took care of all the expenses herself. Like the other teachers, the object was to share yoga with the community for both those who can and those who can't afford the lessons that the gyms and yoga studios charge.

But the woman who used to foot the bill for everything is moving 'up north'.

The lessons are donation based, and 30% goes to the community center for the use of the room.

The blankets, blocks, mats and other props are a shared expense now, and the girls are trying to keep their expenses low.

They use the free version of Vertical Response to announce their classes to a mailing list and add a post on FB.

But the web site used to have bios of all the teachers, some yoga philosophy, and other permanent pages, along with a calendar so the students could plan ahead to attend the teacher(s) they like the most.

The teachers use different styles, one does flow, Leilani does Iyengar, another does Ashtanga, and so on.

They don't want to abandon the FB page, but having a nice permanent home that can be accessed without logging in, or for those who are anti-Facebook is IMHO essential.

I subscribe to my friends/competitors bands' FB feed, and if I don't go directly to their page, their announcements come way down in my news feed, between cat pictures, political rants, pictures of people's kids/grandkids, and food pictures. Plus they are advertising to the world when they aren't at home.

And I have very few FB friends. I don't accept invitations from people I don't know, I don't solicit friends, I'm mainly on there because my x-wife and children live about 1500 miles away and they do FB instead of e-mail.

I try to minimize my time on FB - and yes - I know it's voluntary spyware. But that's another subject.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks