after watching this walk through, I have to admit I'm impressed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1DKsMyJkM&t=330s

Somewhat less impressed with the exchange rate between the Euro and USD... price goes from 372 euros to over $450

But I like the fact that they have built many of the cinematic cliches into their library. Expensive as it is, it makes a lot of possibilities available right now, without waiting to see if another vendor comes up with something similar in one, two or ten years.

Life on this planet has an expiration date. Every year spent waiting is gone forever. I suppose we could consider the price to be not just the price of a cool product, but also a buyback of time during which we didn't have to wait.

Add in the possibility that PGMusic might not EVER create any cinematic real tracks. In that case, time spent waiting would more than offset a $450 price tag.

But what if PGMusic DOES eventually offer cinematic RTs? In that case, we buy 'em and justify it as normal Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

It's just money. You can always get more money, but you can't get any more time.

update:
having said all that, it looks like a lot of the cool stuff is accomplished through envelopes and arpeggiators. If you already have a pretty good orchestral library, it might be time well spent to experiment with your midi arpeggiator plugin to see if you can create patterns that are useful for cinema.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 01/20/18 06:21 AM.