Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Furry, he's not asking about Biab, this is the Tech S.O.S. forum read the FAQ's. This forum is for people to post questions like this that DO NOT have anything to do with PG Products.

Carryduff I agree this is most likely a midi channel issue, just play with it more it should work. The way Furry described the midi channels is the same as on my B3 organ clones. Upper manual is channel 1, lower is 2 and bass pedals is 3. The left hand bass buttons is channel 3 but you want to play bass with the right hand meaning the accordion is transmitting the right hand on channel 1.

Ok, I just searched for the MS4 and see it's a full blown Ketron arranger module. Cool. I like arrangers I have a Korg Pa1XPro. I was going to download the user manual but the sites I found want to charge for it presumably you have it, if you don't you can get it from Ketron.

This module isn't just for accordians, it will work with any midi controller. Since it's an arranger it receives on all 16 midi channels and the styles will have all the different parts set to default channels at least that's how my Korg does it. The manual will explain this maybe under a chapter titled how to use a controller keyboard or something. It may also have a separate mode for a user that does NOT want to use the arranger function and just wants to use it as a sound module. Perhaps for what you want you have to set it in that mode. If I had the manual I'm sure I could figure it out for you.

Whatever it is you have to match the channel the accordion is transmitting from the right hand to the channel the MS4 is using for the bass part. I also found this accordion forum, you could try posting your question there:

http://accordionworld.co.uk/index.php?topic=160.0

Bob

My apologies, I wasn't aware this was an open for all part. Needing new glasses !