Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Jim I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. The Behringer interface has direct monitoring. He should not be buying a microphone with a headphone output on it. That’s what the direct monitor feature of the sound card is for

rockstar_not,

We both agree the USB microphone can not plug into the USB audio interface.

I think your thoughts and my thoughts diverged because cubalibre's question and follow up response implied he is looking to purchase a condenser microphone and the follow up indicated he is worried about latency. Two different subjects. Therefore I gave him two options.

Option 1 was stick with a USB condenser microphone but get one that has direct monitoring capability. Then the audio interface is not needed.

Option 2 was get a traditional condenser microphone (and cable) and connect to the audio interface instead of a computer USB port. Then the audio interface provides a direct monitoring headphone jack.

If cubalibre encounters a situation where two performers are recording at the same time (for instance a singer and a musician playing an instrument) it might be handy to have two direct monitoring headphone jacks. If he is recording just a vocalist with a USB microphone then having a microphone with a direct monitoring headphone jack eliminates the need for the audio interface.

I think ultimately you and I are on the same page.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home