Hey Matt, my Dell Precision T5400 is an engineering workstation from 2008. I've found better luck with number of power/SATA cables and drive bay on those versus the consumer grade PCs. On the screenshot below you'll find that they separate the good workstations from consumer models with (For Home) or (For Work). I always have gone with the Precisions as I was introduced to them through the office in IT-land. I knew they were bulky and tough workhorses from supporting and maintaining them in the work environment. Of course a Dell Precision Workstation will cost you a bit more than the consumer (home) models but you have an awesome machine for music, video, or whatever challenge you throw at it. The newer version of my machine is the 5810 and 5820. I've got upgrades maxed out on my machine, 32 Gig Ram, Dual Quad Core Xeon processors (8 logical cores) and a beefed up video card. I should still be good for another couple of years before I get a newer machine. I also use this machine to render 4K HD video and flight simulation. Hope that helps!

Precision Workstations

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled.png (39.02 KB, 89 downloads)
Dell Website

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory