Hah! OK, Matt, I will confess to hearing a family of crickets more or less non stop. I wish they would get tired and go to sleep.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I had a track which was my guitar played over a Band in a Box backing track, a song that I just could not get the "clang" out of. If it had just been the Band in Box tracks, pretty sure I could have gone back into the Box and EQ'd it. Same had it been in Reaper. But this was layed up in NCH Video Pad. Fairly new to Video Pad, I couldn't find an EQ panel among the audio effects.
It so happened I am at the same time working on a project that aims to reduce video file size to its smallest practical size for Facebook and some others. I was in the "export" function at the time. Without really intending to change the sound, I lowered the sample rate from something like 256 to 128, just to see. When I played it back, some of the rough edges of the guitar track were smoothed, as was the overall song.
I had never considered sample rate to be anything other than something we always wanted the most possible of.
Please bear in mind, some of us use Box as rehearsal and practice aids. In many cases, once the song has been learned, the Band in a Box has served its purpose, a mighty purpose, at that.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --