I thought YouTube could handle pretty much anything thrown at it, at this point. Steve is uploading 4k video he shoots with his drone. 4k is a hot topic these days. The file sizes are massive. One limiting factor has been the storage cards, which have made great strides in speed and cost.

Yes, I think Matt's idea of uploading the best quality available will yield the best YT presentation. I hadn't known about an optimal window, though do not doubt it.

Last I heard, YT converts everything to Flash. As far as I know, the audio track code/decode on Flash is the same as it is on MP4; that is, AAC + MP3. The video track, I don't know. Most of us have experienced conversion from WAV to MP3 and know it seems to take no time or energy at all, very quick and easy.

For the purpose of my current interest, quality is not the issue, but rather quality/cost meaning, exporting to specifications that will be the cheapest possible acceptible quality.

One of the things that has helped me in the area of formats, size, and other specs is the lowly screen recorder. As you know, these things have exploded popularity, maybe for all the wrong reasons, but nonetheless, they can do a lot. I chose Flashback from the dozens out there. Those screen recordings are automatically in Flash (I think it is .flv)

Last edited by edshaw; 01/22/18 09:37 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --