Quote:
Glad you got your problems solved and completed. I followed the threads between the two postings on different forums because this could happen to anyone.

I do a lot of DAW type tasks from within BIAB itself rather than export tracks to a DAW. I'm curious to your particular situation and if your project could have been completed in BIAB without the use of either RB or a DAW.

I waited until the original question was resolved so not to interfere with the eventual solution. But if I may impose a few questions regarding your project, I'd like to ask the following.

Hey Charlie! Thanks for taking it to the next level. I always appreciate the opportunity to learn. I actually had a MUCH longer response to your questions and in a flicker of our electricity, it was gone. frown I was rather frustrated by that. So, you are now getting a much more condensed version. Perhaps God intervened for your sanity. lol

Quote:
How many tracks did your project have?

I know your project was a mixture between midi and RealTracks, but were there any live recorded tracks? Either played by you or imported files.

If so, how many?

There were 5 projects. Real tracks were typically 5, 2-3 midi, and 5-10 vocals tracks. Each of those depended on the project.

Had you completed generating the final versions of the tracks?

Real tracks, yes. I was editing midi. Also doing arranging of all the tracks.

Quote:
How many different instruments did your project have?

7ish. Then I do take parts of those tracks and move parts of tracks to other parts of the arrangement.

Quote:
I'm aware that BIAB is not a DAW nor is it the right 'tool' for your project but that doesn't mean it is not capable in an emergency situation of successfully and competently completing your project.

I will admit, I don't know. I'm aware of it having the ability to play an audio ttrack along with your session, but really don't know much beyond that it can do.

Quote:
Your issue has been resolved so I'm not trying to solve any issue but rather satisfy in my mind, how far would you, or if you would have had to at all, have had to back up in your project to complete it had BIAB been your only option.

I'm convinced BIAB has the features and I have the skills to completely finish a project similar to yours, that in most cases the project, is transferred to a DAW for completion.

Very cool! I guess I will have to learn more of the capabilities of BIAB. I think I wrongly assumed Real Band was to do more midi and arranging than BIAB and was the reason it was created. I guess I don't totally understand the reason for both.

Quote:
Regeneration, multi riffs, multiple instrument changes coming in/out, duel instruments sounding at the same time, more than 8 tracks, mixing, panning, volume automation, VST's, VSTi's, and other plug ins can all be accomplished in BIAB. But, pre planning is required to develop a specific order completing tracks is necessary.

Agreed. Where I struggled was the number of vocal tracks, and pieces of instrument tracks that I apply specific effects to for emphasis. By the sounds of it, there may have been a way. smile

Quote:
I'm just curious to know where I would have to start from or if the entire project would have to be started over from scratch.

I know I would have had the real tracks from biab and been fine on that front. I pretty much use real band as a DAW with the ability to regenerate a part of a real track if I need to. Otherwise, the song, as far as real tracks, is pretty much done when I move it to real band.

Quote:
Thanks,

Charlie

Thank you Charlie! I'm impressed you would even think to ask these question. Class act in my book! smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.