I have been having some new issues recently; I have been waiting about posting anything to see if they clear up as "the dust settles" from all the recent changes and updates. I'm still having one problem...but first, a little background.

I always install new versions of BIAB on my office computer for testing before I install it on the computer I use onstage for praise and worship. As most of you know, sometimes there are minor kinks to be resolved before I can trust it for live performance.

As part of my testing, I prepare the songs each week on my office computer, checking and frequently tweaking the arrangement, the mix, and when new RealTracks come out, sampling them. Two or three weeks ago I did my prep in my office and without thinking it through, I changed a RealDrums style to one of the new ones.

So when I did a final run-through on the stage computer, I realized the problem - I didn't have the new drum style. I thought to myself, "Well, it's been a week or two, everything seems all right, I'll go ahead and install it on the stage computer." So I took it home and did that the night before the service on the next day.

The same evening Windows 10 notified me that I need to install the latest "Creator's Update." So I did that, too. That's probably when my troubles began.

When I took the computer back to our sanctuary and tried it out, my Delcom USB footswitch no longer worked. After trying many things, I finally determined that the Windows update seemed to be interfering with it and I had to go into the properties and select "Run as Administrator." It works now but I can't put it in the start up folder as I did before. I have to start BIAB, then start the Delcom software. Not too big a deal.

Then during the first song, the sound was "gurgly", like it was underwater or "warbly." I tired switching MME to ASIO4ALL (which I had to download first), and I still had problems. I tried WAS, no joy. Return to factory settings but it didn't help. I ended up going back to MME, and after numerous reboots, the gurgle/warble went away and it has stayed away.

The remaining problem is that once in a while, the playback pauses for about 1 or 2 seconds, then resumes. Usually when it does this once, it will keep doing every few seconds for that song. I stopped that song, finished it without BIAB, and went to the next song. The last three songs of the set played normally without any pauses.

All I can think of is that my system resources are being maxed out with four RealTracks plus RealDrums going at once. But since it doesn't usually do this, I'm guessing that it only happens when some other background process starts up during a song and overloads the system. I can't go into the task manager during a service to see if that's what is happening, though, and I can't get it to do it except during a service. Maybe it's that old Devil interfering with us!

Any thoughts or ideas?

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz