Eddie a couple things. When you originally said the first chord generated automatically and you erased it exactly how did you erase it? You can keep the bar and just erase the data which shouldn't mess up the rest of the chord grid but if you erased (deleted) the bar that could mess things up.

I would have generated the song from bar 1 and when it's done go to the Bars window and insert 8 empty bars at the beginning thus moving the start of the music to bar 9. I'm at the office right now so I can't test this but inserting bars should also adjust the chord grid. After that if you want to make changes or generate new tracks or whatever arm the next empty track and have at it. Since you've inserted 8 bars now you would highlight the new track from bar 9 to the end. BTW that Bars window is very cool for rearranging a song. You can easily move whole sections around or copy verse one and insert the copy later in the song.

Personally I never change a generated track while a project is still active but you can do that per Rharv's directions. I just keep adding new tracks and mute/unmute to hear what the different tracks sound like together. Example, say I'm thinking I would like a different guitar part at bar 28 for 8 bars. I'm not going to highlight those bars on the existing guitar track, I'll arm a new track and generate the whole track not just those 8 bars. Why? Because even if it's the same RT I could get different phrases spread out along the whole song. I might hear something I like at bar 28 or maybe I go hmmm, that new track really fits at bar 53 or whatever. We've got 48 tracks to play with so why bother changing an existing one? It's just as fast to generate a new one.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.