Thanks Noel.

Resetting to factory settings fixed the original problem but it did not put in any MIDI drivers. The Midi drivers missing does not seem to be a problem since it still sounds good. Not only did it fix the chord window highlighting the window on bar #1 it also fixed the notes appearing on the lead sheet page. However the lead sheet bar is not highlighted until the last note of the bar is highlighted which is probably wrong but not a problem for me at least since I never use this feature (we are always playing the melody).

I will have to keep a list of things to reset every time I perform this procedure since it seems to be a regular problem with BIAB. I had to do this once or maybe twice before.

To answer your questions;
I have never had a USB device hooked to my computer for audio purposes. However when using BIAB I often plug into the 1/8th inch stereo headphone jack to either run a small set of speakers or run a feed to my mixing board for our live jams. I doubt this would cause any problems (at least it should not). The USB maybe since I gather it uses drivers?????

I always fully shut my computer off and very often too since it keeps memory clear and saves hydro costs. If find the theory that this wears out your computer quickly to be incorrect. My computers have lasted a long time. Windows is very dirty and shutting it off keeps things cleaner. It seems BIAB is a bit dirty too with this need to reset to factory settings (maybe windows is causing it).

Note: So far I reset these items and it is still working.
Reset the space bar to start BIAB songs. (options)
Increase the number of lines that appear on the chord window (options display)
Remove the checkbox allowing real tracks to make track substitutions based upon speed (options real tracks)

Thanks again,
John

Last edited by bowlesj; 02/01/18 01:07 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles