Indeed, E7 unless the G# must be the root. But if you didn't know that, BIAB has a GREAT feature called MIDI Chord Detection.

If you have a MIDI keyboard, select MIDI Chord Detection from the Window menu in BIAB and play the chord notes. The program will give you alternatives for the name of the chord. Most of the time, outside of complex jazz chords, the answer is pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, with the voicing you gave, assuming building up from G# to D to E to B on top, it thinks this is E4/G#

ps Despite failing on this chord, this is easily one of my most favorite features in BIAB.

If you do not have a MIDI keyboard, I can give you a link or two to online sites that will find the chord. They add the key of the song, which gives context. In the key of E, your chord is E7. But if G# is the root AND the key, then you get weird stuff like G#dim add(#5). Good luck with that. cool

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors