Not exactly Roe vs Wade, but still interesting.

It has to be close to 90% of these posts that refer to BIAB. Am I the only one using Real Band here? What am I missing by using Real Band exclusively? Do they both do the same things as a subset of the other? I mean does BIAB do things RB doesn't and does RB do things BIAB doesn't?

I had someone send me a chart and it was a BIAB chart. 4 of the tracks were MIDI and I don't really use MIDI.

My typical workflow is that I enter chords, pick a style, hit generate, and then start looking for better Real Tracks and quite often generate new Real Drums. Then I generate solos, do my cutting and pasting, add whatever I will add with manual play input, and save to wav files. After that it's over to Pro Tools.

Now, doing those same steps in BIAB, what about the outcome would be different? Are there more styles available in BIAB? More instruments available for Real Track generation? As I watched Floyd's great video, one thing that hit me like a punch was "There's a new interface but I like the old one". How can you use a new version on an old interface? When you put new software on, how can you use just selected parts of the old software?

I guess I have to spend a week looking at BIAB. I have still never even looked at it. I have been on Real Band since day 1.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.