Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I listened to this one a few days ago. Listening again now that I have the notes as a reference smile

Excellent song! Janice and Peter are both perfect as per usual!

Bud, a quick question if you don't mind! I've used that BluesRock128 realdrum set many times. How did you double the kick and the snare?

Thanks Dave. Glad it worked for you.

I use two methods to double the snare and kick. The first and easiest is to triple the tracks and then isolate via eq the snare and kick on two of them. I tried this on my earlier mixes of this song but didn’t like the result.

The second method (used on this mix) is far and away the best but is tedious until you get used to it. Hidden in the BIaB RD folders are audio tracks of each RD and at the end of the the audio file are the sounds for each component of the kit used for the specific RD.

I then cut the snare and kick from the audio file and line them up in the DAW with the full kit snare and kick on separate tracks for individual processing. I’ve done this quite a number of times and for a 3-4 minute tune it takes about 30 minutes. I align the hit and then duplicate it several times and then copy and paste it to the end of the song. If the realdrums were perfect it could be done very quickly but in my experience about 30% of the hits are not dead on the beat and the double has to be ever so slightly aligned or you will hear the difference.

Anyhow I think it’s worth the effort particularly for the snare. I sometimes double a cymbal crash for the outro. I recall floyd originally suggesting a similar method.

Bud