Larry-
You didn't ramble a bit, and gave me a most generous answer. Thanks so much. With a Windows 7 machine and a Yamaha 144 sound module, I never had an audio or midi issue. Also, Midi Ox/Yoke was my religion during a long, XP tenure. But things changed this weekend.
I suddenly got the whim to pull out my old Helicon Voice Live, and while many Ox/Yoke 64 bit postings seemed discouraging, I took the Ox plunge. But after installation....more posts made me second guess this, and I uninstalled Ox.
The moment of grief arrived after that uninstall, Larry....when BIAB suddenly would play nothing without a yellow error message that there is no Audio driver present in Windows. The message would disappear, and the program would then play. But how an OX uninstall could corrupt my Yamaha 144 audio driver was a mystery. Other audio apps gave the same message. So I tried to reinstall my Yamaha audio driver..... and that FAILED ...saying 'Please telephone the company' A system restore to the pre-OX state brought things back in line. But as the Chinese say, "Once bitten by a snake, for 10 years you're even afraid of a rope"
My second venture of this past weekend involved LoopBe, but emails to creator Daniel Schmidtt, failed to garner help. So in light of your vast knowledge on these specific subjects, I guess you're my guide on 64 bit BIAB midi.
If there is an Ox version other than the latest standard 896 KB version whose uninstall somehow corrupted my Yamaha audio driver, please point the way. And if Yoke and OX still work as efficiently ina 64 bit system as you claim, there's no need for LoopBe at all. Any insights would be helpful. Thanks again.