Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Yes, that’s how Mac programs work.

I agree and disagree with Beachboy on the Mac vs Win versions. The 2018 for Mac hasn’t been released yet. PG normally releases sometime in Spring.

The Win version constantly gets tweaks because it needs them.

Yes, PG Music claims the differences are minor. That’s not really true. 2017 Audiophile does what I want and that’s the important thing for me. I have no interest in Windows 10 or Parallels. I did Win tech support for years so I’m not unfamiliar. Windows does nothing I need.

If the Mac version for 2018 is not 64 bit, I’m not buying even if it closes the gap between the two versions. The next Mac OS plans to drop all 32 bit support. I have a 2T SSD running El Cap that I can boot from and run 2017 if I need to if that happens. PG Music needs to earn my upgrade money.

Well, I wouldn't be holding my breathe for 64 bit but let's wait and see.
Regarding 2018 version, how on earth would you know what you'd get anyway, even if it it had a piano roll whether it worked or not would be another question. 2017 has a lyric editor which has never worked at all, zip, bupkis, useless beyond words. PG Music know, and either don't care or don't have the ability to fix it. Notation doesn't scroll ahead correctly beyond a set number of bars so will that work in 2018? How would you know? they put out fixes for the MAC version like they do for Windows, just go an check the updates on the support page.
I was a Systems Network Manger (Windows Based) for many years but I'm not spruiking Windows, I switched to MAC for my music production which I'm happy about except for BIAB. It is simply a disaster compared to the Windows version. I don't want to have to use Parallels, why would I want to unless I had to, I have to if I want to work with Melody, Lyrics & Midi.
The WIN BIAB users must be shaking their heads at the thoughts of no Piano roll, no Lyric editor, No scrolling Notation, No copying Lyrics.
Hey, but it generates real tracks just fine. Well, some people might need it to do a bit more than that, particularly if you want a Melody & Lyrics.
So, in the area of Melody & Lyrics the MAC version doesn't just "lag behind", it's just useless compared to the WIN version (forget about 2017 just insert any year).
Unfortunately, I didn't realise how bad the situation was until more than 30 days after purchase, partly due to the fact that I contacted support regarding the issues, naively thinking they would fix the problems. they didn't. So , knowing what I know now about the MAC version if I had just purchased I'd be requesting a refund.
Enough grizzle for the morning smile

WIN 10, BIAB WIN2022, Studio One 5, Audient iD4