Hello Camp_Band,

Welcome to the PG Music forums. You have come to the right place, there are tons of users with years of experience in songwriting.

This is a pretty subjective question, one I am sure will have many approaches. As cliche as it might sound, I always recommend doing what is right for you.

For me, inspiration comes with mood. How I feel, and where I am at in life will dictate what I feel like writing. Sometimes it is a lack of anything, I just come up with something interesting because I was bored.

In my opinion, sometimes songwriting circles can be a bit too rigid, or serious. There is no right or wrong way to make music, that is the beauty of art.

It doesn't take too long listening to the radio to see lots of songs are about falling in or out of love.

You could do that, or you could write about a big blue dog who came from space, and challenged superman to a race.

While I might not have a structure to abide to, or have the ability to know what inspires you, I do have one rule that comes above all else when making music...

Have Fun.

C-sharp when you cross the street… or you’re going to B-flat.

Mikke - PG Music