Hi Belladonna
yes, I see what you're saying and I agree with it. I guess what's unusual (for me) about this story is that I ALWAYS wrote music for myself. I never looked out for "likes". Not that I'm shy, not too much anyway, it's just that I never really cared too much about what other people would say about my creations. It was "my thing", and that was it. And that lasted literally decades (about 35 years, indeed .. I started fooling around with music at very, very young age). But this changed in the last few years. Some friends "forced me" to participate to some open-mic nights, I started posting some music here in this forum and in other online places. So, it's kind of new for me to discover, to my great surprise, how strangely (for me) rewarding it is to connect with others through my own music. And even stranger, for me, it's the fact that such connection does not necessarily has to do with how I perceive my own music. I've performed songs of mine that I thought were really good, and nobody really cared. And I've performed songs of mine that I thought they were barely "ok", if not worse, and I got some strong positive reactions. It's so interesting how deeply subjective and different things are in music and, really, in everything. All this is reminding me to be kind with others, especially with fellow musicians. To be kind doesn't mean to be untrue. It just means to remember that nobody has the "Truth" in his / her pocket, and even if you don't like a song, maybe someone else will be touched to tears by the same song. I'm 51 and still learning how to live my life, it seems smile

Last edited by Jon Thomas; 03/01/18 06:44 AM.