Asking the question "How can I learn to read music" is the EXACT same question "How to I learn to speak German (or whatever language).

The answers are fairly obvious and it takes about as long to become fluent in music as it does to become fluent in German.

Sight reading a single note melody line is the easiest, adding some harmony is harder, then reading treble clef chords is harder then reading two handed piano music with bass clef in the LH is the hardest.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

20 odd years ago I was friends with a woman who's a graduate of the Warsaw Conservatory on piano. Talk about being able to read fly specks at 20 feet. I had a transcription of the intro to Be Bop. That tune flies along at a tempo of about 300 or something. I couldn't get the fingering on parts of it so I called her up and faxed it to her. We stayed on the phone until she got it and I told her it was insanely fast. She walks over to her piano, put the phone down and played it. It was perfect, not one clam and in tempo. She said "What's so difficult about that?" I just laughed and said can you give me some fingerings on bars such and such? She did and it helped but I still can't play that intro cleanly.

That's what a high level schooled sight reader can do and it just blew my mind. I thought maybe she would do it slower at least once but oh no it was BAM here it is perfect the first time and in your face.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.