Not trying to highjack the thread but I have a related thought.

Today I was listening online to a 1972 Ronnie Hawkins song named " Didlley Diddley Daddy" which was an album re-recording of the same song recorded as a single with a different backing band in 1965.

What jumped out at me is a guitar riff played throughout the 1972 song. It is slightly different than the riff recorded in 1965. I "created" the same (1972) riff and have recorded it on several different recorders through the years. It's the same riff, at the same tempo, with the same effects applied to create a distinct sound.

I'm not a Ronnie Hawkins fan and never listened to his music or previously heard this song before but it's obvious to me I had to have heard it before and liked it well enough to file away for future reference. Just guessing but my elder brother enjoyed that style of blues music and I most likely heard it when he was listening to his records or the radio stations he normally listened to.

I would have continued to think that was my riff if I hadn't run across Ronnie Hawkin's Rock & Roll Resurrection album today.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home