Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Dave,

Did you have any other programs open when you got the stuttering on the laptop?

I have a monster of a Win10 machine at home (hex-core i7, 16gb of ram, MOTU interface), and I get the occasional hiccup in my music programs (including Ableton, which is very stable) if I have a web browser open. I find Facebook is the worst offender, causes pops and clicks and I have no idea why. My CPU and memory usage never go above 5% when this happens.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Kent,

I have no other programs open when the stutter occurs. I have monitored the Task Manager performance graphs and stats and have not observed any connection between the stutter occurrence and such things as a CPU utilization spike, disk access spike, etc. I have even kept the WiFi connection open while running BIAB, and have seen a spike in data transmission associated with incoming email (MS Mail program running) and that spike in activity DID NOT result in a stutter. I have also increased the ASIO buffer size to 1538 in order to eliminate buffer size as a possible cause of the stutter.

I suspect that there is a memory management problem or the USB bus hiccups when there is a stutter, but there is no easy way that I know of to monitor this in real time. I have also increased the ASIO buffer size to 1538 in order to eliminate buffer size as a possible cause of the stutter.