Quote:
As unsettling as it may be - I think we know in our hearts that article accurately reflects the larger population of music consumers and listeners.

Hence my comment that I don't believe I'm the targeted demographic.

I'm okay listening to albums on services like Spotify, etc. Very rarely do I look for a specific single to listen to; usually just when I want to play a specific song for someone.

Were it not for albums, however, I would have missed out on a lot of gems that I enjoy immensely, even though they may never have been a hit. I often listen to my albums for the songs that weren't the hits (but are hits to my ears). If we go mostly back to singles, we're either going to have to search out those gems (which could be a musical adventure in itself), or we're just going to be fed a diet of what someone else thinks should be a hit.

Bottom line for me is that I have enough musical content to keep me busy listening for years to come. Slip some new singles in that resonate with me, and I'll just flag them to listen again later, and I'm good.

I do still miss bringing a record album home, playing the virgin vinyl, reading album cover and sleeve notes, recognizing contributing artists (and composers and arrangers, etc) in those notes, and just enjoying that 45 minute experience (with a short break to flip the record on the turntable).

Okay, reminiscing over.

As I said, I'm definitely not the demographic.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com