Kent,

Just did some more testing. I am using the UR22MKii as a MIDI Out interface to the Roland SC88 external hardware synth in addition to using the UR22MKii as an audio interface. I tried sending MIDI only songs thru the USB to the UR22MKii (i.e., no Realdrums or Realtracks being outputted), and after 30 minutes, there was audio stutter in the audio coming out of the SC88 synth. I did previously post that I also do get the audio stutter when using the internal Realtek sound hardware fed from the Forte Dxi software synth as well. So I am now suspecting something in the laptop itself.

After I heard the MIDI-only data stream audio stutter, I went into the Windows Event Viewer to see what messages might have been logged. At the exact time of the stutter, I found event messages saying the laptop wanted to go into sleep mode, and other messages saying the HP Comm Recovery Framework software has successfully stopped the PowerEvent. I do have the laptop power setting for the display to turn off when plugged in after 30 minutes. However, when the laptop is running and BIAB is streaming output, the laptop display doesn't look like it is turning off, but there may be some back-and-forth software going on in the laptop, which may be causing the hiccup.

I guess the next step to do is run the BIAB program again and specifically take note of the exact time when a stutter occurs, and then comb thru the Event Viewer to look for event records that may explain what is happening. If this due to one of the display or sleep timers expiring, I guess I'll have to crank up those settings and/or set them to "Never". Normally, the display will not turn off if there is activity on the system, but I'm thinking that activity might need to be actual input such as mouse movement or key entry, and if BIAB is running when the display timer expires, there is something in the HP software that overrides the display turnoff command, but this behind-the-scenes activity might cause the brief stutter that I'm experiencing every 25-30 minutes or so.

Stay tuned!