While it's true "everyone is now on 64 bit" (operating systems), there are some reasons to use 32 bit hosts, as I describe in the March 2018 Sound on Sound issue (Sounding Off). As raymb1 notes, for what he does, 64 bits wouldn't yield any improvement. As long as he can run a 32 bit version, it will do what he needs. And running BIAB in my 64 bit Win system, I've found no issues with any number of RealTracks and plug-ins running.

Likewise, as I note in the SOS guest editorial, my 32 bit DAW can do things that the 64 bit version of the same DAW cannot do! Of course, if you haven't been mixing for over 30 years and don't have perfectly good (and unique) plug-ins that are available only as 32 bit VST/DX/DXi, then 64 bits makes sense.

However, as noted above by some folks, software vendors are dropping 32 bit support -- some DAWs are no longer available as 32 bit, and next will be operating systems (as noted for Apple, and expected from Microsoft in the next major version or so). When that happens, 32 bit will not be an option, and 64 bits will be the way to go . . . at least until 128 bit OS are forced on users!

PG Music is certainly aware of these impending changes and hopefully will have a 64 bit option when it is needed.