Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Dave,

Great. Glad to hear it, and thanks for the follow-up. It sounds like this was likely the issue the whole time, but let us know if the problem comes back.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

OK. Ran another 2 hour test. Output did stutter once or twice during that 2 hour period. First stutter was around 45 minutes after starting the Jukebox, which was playing a MIDI with RealDrums song at the time (i.e., mixed output stream consisting of both MIDI and audio). I also got a small stutter about 30 minutes after that first one, while playing a MIDI-only song with heavy data output. At the instant of both stutters, I found absolutely no events logged in the Windows Event Viewer. So, I guess I've been able to reduce the problem but not entirely eliminate it.

My hardware configuration is as follows:

Laptop USB 3.0 port >>>>> UR22MKii MIDI OUT >>>>> SC88 MIDI IN

UR22MKii Audio Out >>>>> Line Mixer (inside SC88) >>>>> Speakers

So I use the Steinberg UR22MKii as both an audio and MIDI interface. I've got the very latest Steinberg 10.0 ASIO driver installed as well as the latest firmware update 1.04 for the UR22MKii. This firmware update was supposed to "fix" a known problem of data loss when a lot of data is sent down the USB interface to the UR22MKii. Maybe they still have a problem there!

The fact that I hear an audio glitch with a MIDI-only data stream suggests this might be the case. I could try driving the SC88 from a MIO 1 in/1 out MIDI interface that I have (as a test), but this will use up my one free USB port, as well as creating a jumble of cables coming out of the laptop. All this testing is getting tiresome. I guess I'll have to keep after Steinberg, since I think that is where the problem lies.