This is kind of an interesting problem and it made me wonder if anybody else has seen it.

I am working on a song right now that I will say up front is a particularly fragrant pile of crap. It is a spoof of the trance/industrial stuff that is often little more than an 8 bar loop played 20 times with nonsensical lyrics spoken over it. Just short of rap, but spoken word vocals (sprechstimme) just the same. It grew from a conversation where I said, referring to club dance music, that all you need is a beat and you could say anything over the beat and the kids would love it. And I went into an impromptu bit of doing nursery rhymes as lyrics. I think the first one was Mary Had A Little Lamb, with some vulgarity inserted to mimic rap music.

But I digress....

One of the tracks is a sample of a metal press stamping out parts. I have that on the downbeat all the way through so it had an industrial feel. When I put that in, I lined it up carefully using the "lock to beat" function, and every instance after, logic says, HAD to be correct because I pasted it in at 7-0-0 and then pasted that measure 60 times to the end of the song. It played well in RB. I saved the song as a SEQ, then as a WAV. When I played the WAV file back in an external player, slowly as the song progressed that sound moved off the downbeat by a tick or two, getting exponentially off the XX-0-0 where it was in RB. Has anybody else ever seen this?

I decided to do this project because I have never done anything like this. nor will I ever do it again. The song is THAT bad!!! Even if I tried to rework it and it came out 100 times better, 100 times zero is still zero.

I think of this as the musical equivalent of going to Lamaze classes. I did it once, but I wouldn't do it again.

Last edited by eddie1261; 03/26/18 07:53 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.