Hi guys, I sent Deryk and Kent a list of problems I experience in RB on my system. I'd like to duplicate that here for the resident pros' comments. Anyone seeing these things at home, or are some of them on my end? As the title of the post implies, I'm very happy with RB and have been making great music with it! I would however, love to resolve my issues. Here is an abbreviated version of my email text. I apologize for its length, but I thought I might get some good answers here. You won't benefit from the attachments I sent them. I can attach here if needed.

"...I'm having some RB issues. I'm on a 64-bit Windows 10 machine with 6 cores, using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2...

First problem is with volume nodes... I opened the track and lo and behold, there were nodes all over the place! The only ones I placed (months ago) were at the tail end to dial out talking on Neil's bass track. One +1 node was placed at the beginning of the bass note fadeout, with one -15 node pulling the talking down. And this isn't the only track where multiple nodes appeared that weren't placed.. It seems that any track that has nodes somehow propagates more and more. I'm not sure that they all actually affect volume, but some certainly do.

A couple of minor things on this feature. 'Cleanup Nodes' doesn't seem to do anything- what is it supposed to do? Also, when an initial node is created, it's a +1. Shouldn't it be 0? Also, more than anything, nodes seem to trigger access violations and necessitate closing the program.

...the Tracks Window are a mouse double-click issue, and the zoom features. Often, when I click on the timeline or track, a track's editing window opens in my face, as if I'd double-clicked the track. I've tried adjusting my mouse's double-click speed. Sometimes, this is squirrely in RB but not always.

Even more squirrely are the zoom buttons, scrolling up or down in either the track order (at left) or the track zoom level (right) with the scroll wheel. I have my scroll wheel set to 3 lines. At times, the Tracks Window will go haywire, swinging wildly from max to min zoom levels when I've only clicked the scroll wheel once or twice. The + and - buttons can do this too. Or the track order may go all the way up and down when I'm carefully clicking the scroll wheel. Bottom line on zooming, it can very hard to set the track visualization so that its beginning and end are fitted in the window. Hope this makes sense. Are these mouse issues, Windows stuff, or RB in your opinion?

Is there no way to actuate Play while a plugin is highlighted? IOW, I have to click back into the Transport section to be able to hit play or the space bar while I'm making changes in the VST window. I'm aware that I can loop a section for this, but...

I find loop troublesome. For instance, when recording with a metronome with loop engaged, the metronome will go off time. Sometimes a track will drop out. Today, the soloed track loops fine but the bg track is stuck in a quick loop of a second or two duration rather than the longer time highlighted. Loop does not seem stable as it could be.

I get a fair amount of crashes with RB with my system. I'd like to see it more stable...

Today, at some point plugins will only partially open.. The VST box can then not be closed, and RB becomes unresponsive and must be closed via Windows Task Manager..."

Best, Warren

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist/Producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion
Tune 9 Music- SESAC