Hi rharv et al,

It's been a long time again since I posted to this topic because of a number of difficulties I have overcome, some with your help.

Firstly, my input level challenge. After much putzing around under the table at the back of the PC amid the spaghetti junction of power and signal leads, I established I had bum interconnects between the little Yamaha MG 10/2 hardware mixer I use, and the Delta 1010LT card. They looked OK but were not. Two sets of the same make, in succession. These have been tossed and substituted with proper quality gear. I also purchased and downloaded PT17.

However, now with PT17 in use, I continued to have problems with the PC, like emerging latency between tracks, plus occaisional blue screens. As stated the old PC really was old so I gave up and went up to the local computer shop. $1.2K Australian dollars later, say $900 USD, I have ended up with a new iCore 3 desktop machine with 2 X 4.2 GHZ processors and Windows 10. The new MSI motherboard had a slot for PCI cards but the shop did not guarantee that the Delta card would work as it did in XP. I accepted that and started thinking about an outboard recording module, like a Focusrite or similar. They put my existing HDD's back in as requested.

I had a huge stroke of good computer luck for a change when I found at the M-Audio web site that a worker there had posted a link to drivers for the Delta 1010LT card to work in Windows 7. To my suprise and great joy these work also in Windows 10 so my prized Delta card is still working, playing my existing .SEQ files made in PT9 and PT12, although now in PT17 of course. So far, so good. Here is my remaining problem: everything seems to be in mono. Bear with me as I try to explain this because I'm wordy but not highly tech.

The tracks I recorded in PT9 and PT12 play fine, but I can't pan any more. That is, I can move the panning "knob", but the recorded instrument or voice on the track doesn't move across the soundstage any more from L < to > R etc. Neither tracks recorded in stereo or mono can be panned- I just get a decrease in volume when I go hard L or hard R, the max value is 63 in both cases I think. I get the desired volume when the pan value is 0, ie centered. Consequently the whole song, though playable, sounds somewhat unclear.

Take a percussion track for example, recorded off my Casio keyboard. It is generated and recorded in stereo, with a L and R clearly audible out of the keys headphone socket, also out of the Yamaha mixer headphone socket, and clearly visible in PT 17 as a stereo track with differing although complementary content in the L & R sub tracks making up one percussion track. Say a hi hats at L and a ride cymbal at R. Now when I try to pan the whole track to the L or R of the sound stage as I listen through headphones or through my amp and speakers, I just hear either the L side content , or both, or the R side content. But I cannot move the content as a whole to the L or R of the sound stage as I used to be able to do! Very frustrating when you're trying to construct a song as a whole with a clearly defined location for each source, eg. vox, keys, bass, gtr etc!

In Audio Preferences in PT17, I have the input channel for mono tracks set as L + R (2 tracks). I am now using ASIO drivers, after seeing rharv's example in his reply of last time. In the Delta card control panel, all sliders are equalised and all the L & R pan knobs are centered. Sample rate is 44,100. Best quality. Other than the ASIO choice, all these are the same settings I have had in PT9 and PT12 for years.

I have searched through the Help answers but can't quite understand the explanation of ports, etc. I am too dumb etc. for that stuff. Besides it doesn't cover my specific issue.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Thanks in anticipation,

John

Last edited by Shackman01; 03/29/18 06:08 PM.