John

Thanks

yea with that, I did install the Band Lab (for about 5 minutes) app that then installs Cakewalk. But I am NOT a fan of this kind of blind install app and the fact it inserts itself not in the Start Up where you can disable it (i.e., ctrl-alt-del -> task manger - > start up) but in the Registry under HKEY user

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

so you have to hack the registry to make it a user MANUAL start. At least I didn't; see any settings in the Band Lab App that allowed you to disable it at startup

so I don't; even have it installed since when its running you are also in touch with Band lab site, nothing nefarious I just don't want the overhead or the connection when I enable network access

The fact that SONAR, which is a very, VERY, capable DAW, is free with the above caveats (no control on install and that nuisance Band Lab Assistant app) should make make new users on a tight budget very happy (and old users like me folks wonder what did I spend thousands on it over the years - LOL)

Good luck
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20