Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
Are you rebooting daily?
No

Running any other apps simultaneously including browsers?
Not when testing

Are you running BIAB on your boot drive and is it reformatted APFS?
Yes - and I realized that optimizing apps wasn't recommended, so I didn't go that way.

Yes it is a MacBook Pro

Memory leaks are a fact of life. To minimize their effect, reboot daily.

A 1T SSD is not supplied by Apple. Have you enabled TRIM? If not do so by running the following in Terminal sudo trimforce enable and entering your admin password when asked (get through all the doom & gloom CYA messages from Apple). TRIM is part of the OS but Apple's default is to disable it when the OS detects a 3rd party SSD.

Have you disabled App Nap? Run Get Info on BIAB and check the box.

A bit of a Hail Mary but ... There's always the possibility of a corrupt path. Do a Safe Boot by holding the Shift key on start up. Log into your Users account when prompted. If you have any alias icons, you will watch them being rebuilt. When done, reboot normally. Practically nothing runs in Safe Mode anymore so don't bother—the point is to restore your caches to default and rebuild any corrupt paths. Longtime Mac users will recognize this as rebuilding the desktop and, yes, it still does that, too. I've done over 30 installs of High Sierra and every one showed a few generic alias icons when I was done—this fixes those.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5