Originally Posted By: sslechta
On the submission I had in the past I would try and wait until a few replies were made and created a single reply with my responses to each of them. That keeps the self-spamming down a little IMHO.

^^^ That. ^^^

Reply once every few days. I find it extremely selfish to try and commandeer the song submission post this way. So much so it could be off-putting enough to possibly chase people away.

For perspective, I suppose if you wrote one song a year I get it, but in the spirit of fair play, stop it.

I should also add that part of my position on this topic is in line with my attitude toward what I want to play on stage. And that goes something like "This is what I am going to play. You can like it or not like it, but this is what I am going to play. I am happy with what I choose to play for you whether you like it or not, and you will. Don't bring your requests up here because I am not going to play them anyway." In context, "Listen to my song, don't listen to my song. I don't care because I am not changing it for you anyway. I appreciate input, but I am not likely to change what I do." I am still getting plays on a song that was posted 8 weeks ago. I don't know if it's even on the forum anymore, nor will I look. It doesn't matter. Otherwise stated, I write for ME. It's NICE if other people like my stuff, but I am not going to the garage to hang myself if they don't. I know in my heart I am a pretty good writer and I am not going to embark on an obvious, transparent campaign for plays.

I DO walk that fine line between confident and arrogant..... don't I? That's why I'm so popular. (Is there a sarcasm emoticon?)

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/24/18 03:57 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.