Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
What is the big deal?

Let's just say you are one of the people who DO care if their song is on page one or page 2, because it's pretty much a given that visitors don't check beyond page 1. Would YOU like to be the one, again assuming you care about such things for sake of discussion, whose post was last and was bumped to page 2 because of yet another gratuitous post bump to a 3 or 4 week old post?

Quote:
The notion of limiting an OP's subsequent posts never came up.

Limiting the number of posts would not be necessary if on that one forum a banal reply would not change the priority and move it to the top of the pile. That is kind of what Joanne said as well. Leave then chronological.

For me, I scroll through until there are no more new posts. If I see a new song posted by a writer with whom I am familiar, I will listen. Depending on how much time I am willing to spend I listen to a few from people I don't know as well. After all that's the only way to learn who is good and who isn't. And I will leave honest, constructive criticism. When it includes "maybe consider trying this on the next one" type criticism, that goes in private.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.